Why do people succumb to anger?
It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
|
|
On a Hamster Wheel
That's right. I feel as if I'm getting nowhere in the long run. I hope that changes soon in the New Year.
Personally, I don't believe in resolutions, but I would like to do the following in the New Year: 1. Learn my 3yr old cousin's gibberish language 2. overcome distractions and achieve my goals (aka time management) 3. become a more understanding person 4. become calmer (I believe I am succeeding- less crazy outbursts. People claim I'm acting too serious when I'm calm, but being calm doesn't mean you're less happy! Being calm is awesome because it actually makes you feel good. Maniacal laughing and fits don't even have a good reason to be happy. It's like when you're calm, you're happy for a reason that is worthwhile and that happiness stays. Happiness is dear to me. Be a smile millionare. Always really smile. :] Brightens your day and that of others around you!) 5. stay fit. (and get that 7:20 mile time) 6. keep loving the world and everyone on it. Yeah, I don't care if that sounds hippyish, Drama King, because it's what makes the world go 'round.
Today does not feel like New Year at all. I guess it comes with the fact that as you get older, time doesn't matter. I mean, a new year is just saying I survived another year. Then if we celebrate so much for that, we may as well be thankful each day that we're alive... gah, my argumentation sucks right now. Cut me some slack- it's 1:35 in the morning. And I have no idea how I'll get used to waking up early on Monday. :[
We were trying to watch District 9 today. Of course, we failed. We got ripped off at 3 sites and even took a Twilight quiz to "gain access" to an image. I hope to watch it in the near future.
The clock
It was New Year's Eve and everyone else was teeming with energy obtained from cake, brownies, and sparkling cider. On the TV set, a man with a cheesy voice from ABC was blabbing something to a dude with a mullet. Behind them was the luminescent ball, dropping ever so slowly.
The time was 11:59 and the countdown began. Everyone chanted the numbers like kindergarteners on a sugar rush. And then they got to 0. And then they screamed and did all that good stuff.
In the corner, this young child looked at the clock with all of its hands on the 12. And he thought, What's the point of New Year's? I can count down from 60 any time in the year...
And with that wise thought, he continued staring at the clock, finding protection from the crazy party in its clicking gears.
I might as well practice my numbers, the boy reflected. After all, I will be going into 1st grade. 60..59..58...
Things I'm grateful for -life -sleep -happiness -friends -family -my readers
|
|
|
On a Hamster Wheel
That's right. I feel as if I'm getting nowhere in the long run. I hope that changes soon in the New Year.
Personally, I don't believe in resolutions, but I would like to do the following in the New Year: 1. Learn my 3yr old cousin's gibberish language 2. overcome distractions and achieve my goals (aka time management) 3. become a more understanding person 4. become calmer (I believe I am succeeding- less crazy outbursts. People claim I'm acting too serious when I'm calm, but being calm doesn't mean you're less happy! Being calm is awesome because it actually makes you feel good. Maniacal laughing and fits don't even have a good reason to be happy. It's like when you're calm, you're happy for a reason that is worthwhile and that happiness stays. Happiness is dear to me. Be a smile millionare. Always really smile. :] Brightens your day and that of others around you!) 5. stay fit. (and get that 7:20 mile time) 6. keep loving the world and everyone on it. Yeah, I don't care if that sounds hippyish, Drama King, because it's what makes the world go 'round.
Today does not feel like New Year at all. I guess it comes with the fact that as you get older, time doesn't matter. I mean, a new year is just saying I survived another year. Then if we celebrate so much for that, we may as well be thankful each day that we're alive... gah, my argumentation sucks right now. Cut me some slack- it's 1:35 in the morning. And I have no idea how I'll get used to waking up early on Monday. :[
We were trying to watch District 9 today. Of course, we failed. We got ripped off at 3 sites and even took a Twilight quiz to "gain access" to an image. I hope to watch it in the near future.
The clock
It was New Year's Eve and everyone else was teeming with energy obtained from cake, brownies, and sparkling cider. On the TV set, a man with a cheesy voice from ABC was blabbing something to a dude with a mullet. Behind them was the luminescent ball, dropping ever so slowly.
The time was 11:59 and the countdown began. Everyone chanted the numbers like kindergarteners on a sugar rush. And then they got to 0. And then they screamed and did all that good stuff.
In the corner, this young child looked at the clock with all of its hands on the 12. And he thought, What's the point of New Year's? I can count down from 60 any time in the year...
And with that wise thought, he continued staring at the clock, finding protection from the crazy party in its clicking gears.
I might as well practice my numbers, the boy reflected. After all, I will be going into 1st grade. 60..59..58...
Things I'm grateful for -life -sleep -happiness -friends -family -my readers
|
|
tagboard.
|
archives.
By post:
Avatar: Not the Last Airbender ;]
Tick tock tick tock
Joyeux Noël ou pas?
C'est moi!
By month:
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
November 2010
March 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
August 2013
|
affiliates.
Just Koe
Thought of Life
Credits
Layout: Mary
Colours: refuted
Host: blogger
|