Why do people succumb to anger?
It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
|
|
il pleut.
It's raining! :D Have you ever looked out from under the shade of a building into the rain and felt oddly detached from the people around you? I felt that way at lunch.
Rain is a magnet. I love the sound of it, the smell of it, the feel of it. I just like rain. That could be because I have a weird bond to water. I simply adore waterfalls, lakes, swimming, and of course rain. I still don't get why. Maybe I was a fish in my past life. If so, I hope I was a CLOWNFISH, because Marlin is so punny. (FINDING NEMO FTW).
I digress yet again. The thing is that water is so calming, so soft, so pure. I feel so drawn to it, and it hurts me when people say they hate rain. First of all, where would plants all over the world get their water? Without plants how can we survive? Second, rain=water for us to drink from the reservoirs. Third, rain is just awesome, okay?
Rain makes me feel like a puny speck of dust, which in essence I am compared to the entire universe. I'm probably just a quark or something. But the rain make feel like a different quark from the rest. The rest would eat and talk about something random and useless in the long run; others would cram for tests or do homework; others stand in the lunch line to get junk food. And I, I stare out into the rain and feel happy. I feel happy 'cause my brain isn't pestering me with some stupid thoughts about grades or other stuff. I feel happy because for at least one second, I can acknowledge who I am: me.
Rain boots
Green, squeaky rain boots are planted firmly on the cement. A girl, without an umbrella, looks up at the sky.
Gray clouds block out the sun, yet she is as vibrant as ever. Drops of rain patter on her nose, her hair, her outreached tongue.
She is alone in a courtyard, just standing there. Rain drops fall harder, harder, trying to break her will. Drizzle becomes rain; rain becomes hail, yet she stands with her little green boots, with a smile on her face.
She closes her eyes slowly, and is at complete peace. It is just her and the water, her and the water. No thoughts, no distractions, no pestering tests. Just water.
After ten minutes, the clouds clear. She opens her wet eyes. There is a blue patch of sky right above her.
Dejected, she turns away. A minute or two later, a cascade of water is dumped on her head, by another nimbus cloud. A fresh smile breaks out on her face, as the sky is enveloped into gloom once more.
Some people just like rain. What can they do about it?
Yup yup. HWLLDGI, I don't know if I'm an indigo or a crystal, but I know that I'm looking for something different, too. Just don't know how to get it.
So, that's all I'm gonna blog for today. Keep smiling and drink water. 8]
Things I'm grateful for: -lightning (just when it doesn't hit anything) -rain -thunder -fungi -writing -chemistry and biology :D
P.S. I still wasn't able to view lightning from afar, but I did hear thunder. Sounds like garbage cans on the roll. :D
|
|
|
il pleut.
It's raining! :D Have you ever looked out from under the shade of a building into the rain and felt oddly detached from the people around you? I felt that way at lunch.
Rain is a magnet. I love the sound of it, the smell of it, the feel of it. I just like rain. That could be because I have a weird bond to water. I simply adore waterfalls, lakes, swimming, and of course rain. I still don't get why. Maybe I was a fish in my past life. If so, I hope I was a CLOWNFISH, because Marlin is so punny. (FINDING NEMO FTW).
I digress yet again. The thing is that water is so calming, so soft, so pure. I feel so drawn to it, and it hurts me when people say they hate rain. First of all, where would plants all over the world get their water? Without plants how can we survive? Second, rain=water for us to drink from the reservoirs. Third, rain is just awesome, okay?
Rain makes me feel like a puny speck of dust, which in essence I am compared to the entire universe. I'm probably just a quark or something. But the rain make feel like a different quark from the rest. The rest would eat and talk about something random and useless in the long run; others would cram for tests or do homework; others stand in the lunch line to get junk food. And I, I stare out into the rain and feel happy. I feel happy 'cause my brain isn't pestering me with some stupid thoughts about grades or other stuff. I feel happy because for at least one second, I can acknowledge who I am: me.
Rain boots
Green, squeaky rain boots are planted firmly on the cement. A girl, without an umbrella, looks up at the sky.
Gray clouds block out the sun, yet she is as vibrant as ever. Drops of rain patter on her nose, her hair, her outreached tongue.
She is alone in a courtyard, just standing there. Rain drops fall harder, harder, trying to break her will. Drizzle becomes rain; rain becomes hail, yet she stands with her little green boots, with a smile on her face.
She closes her eyes slowly, and is at complete peace. It is just her and the water, her and the water. No thoughts, no distractions, no pestering tests. Just water.
After ten minutes, the clouds clear. She opens her wet eyes. There is a blue patch of sky right above her.
Dejected, she turns away. A minute or two later, a cascade of water is dumped on her head, by another nimbus cloud. A fresh smile breaks out on her face, as the sky is enveloped into gloom once more.
Some people just like rain. What can they do about it?
Yup yup. HWLLDGI, I don't know if I'm an indigo or a crystal, but I know that I'm looking for something different, too. Just don't know how to get it.
So, that's all I'm gonna blog for today. Keep smiling and drink water. 8]
Things I'm grateful for: -lightning (just when it doesn't hit anything) -rain -thunder -fungi -writing -chemistry and biology :D
P.S. I still wasn't able to view lightning from afar, but I did hear thunder. Sounds like garbage cans on the roll. :D
|
|
tagboard.
|
archives.
By post:
the strong and the weak
8 minutes
All is Well
On a Hamster Wheel
Avatar: Not the Last Airbender ;]
Tick tock tick tock
Joyeux Noël ou pas?
C'est moi!
By month:
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
November 2010
March 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
August 2013
|
affiliates.
Just Koe
Thought of Life
Credits
Layout: Mary
Colours: refuted
Host: blogger
|