Why do people succumb to anger?
It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
|
|
la pomme.
I was walking to P.E. today, and I found an apple on the ground. It was your typical gala apple, a dull sheen of light yellow and red. This particular apple had no blemishes; it was so pretty that I wondered why anyone would want to throw that gorgeous thing away.
I kept walking, my eye on the apple. As I reached the ramp for the locker room, I saw the part of the apple that was originally hidden from my view. It was bitten, covered in dust, and the exact opposite of what it first appeared.
To the Bean and Fudge-a-Pudge (sorry, it was chocolate) I said, "Looks can be deceiving."
And they sure can. I was reading Verdadera's topic of the month - Depression. In most of the cases, the people who were depressed didn't appear so to the people around them. They were smiling, joking around, gossiping - the usual. Just like the apple.
People have a tendency to see only the outer layer of the onion. Very few peel to the middle. And if they do, they would find a totally different person from what they see. But no one cares or listens. What do the depressed do? Collapse, cry, cut, etc. All they need is a supportive person; someone to listen, someone who would give their shoulder to cry on; someone to be there when needed.
Don't stop at the layer, man. Dig deeper. The happiest people around are usually the ones with something bugging them; they just don't show it on the layer. But if you listen, it'll all come tumbling out eventually. xD
In Lit, we're doing the poetry unit. Never really was attracted to poetry 'till last year. This year I found one of the awesomest dudes around: Kahlil Gibran. His poems and stories are beautiful. I love them. Here's my second favorite one. To see my favorite, look at my 1st post.
Song of the Wave
* The strong shore is my beloved * And I am his sweetheart. * We are at last united by love, and * Then the moon draws me from him. * I go to him in haste and depart * Reluctantly, with many * Little farewells. * * I steal swiftly from behind the * Blue horizon to cast the silver of * My foam upon the gold of his sand, and * We blend in melted brilliance. * * I quench his thirst and submerge his * Heart; he softens my voice and subdues * My temper. * At dawn I recite the rules of love upon * His ears, and he embraces me longingly. * * At eventide I sing to him the song of * Hope, and then print smooth hisses upon * His face; I am swift and fearful, but he * Is quiet, patient, and thoughtful. His * Broad bosom soothes my restlessness. * * As the tide comes we caress each other, * When it withdraws, I drop to his feet in * Prayer. * * Many times have I danced around mermaids * As they rose from the depths and rested * Upon my crest to watch the stars; * Many times have I heard lovers complain * Of their smallness, and I helped them to sigh. * * Many times have I teased the great rocks * And fondled them with a smile, but never * Have I received laughter from them; * Many times have I lifted drowning souls * And carried them tenderly to my beloved * Shore. He gives them strength as he * Takes mine. * * Many times have I stolen gems from the * Depths and presented them to my beloved * Shore. He takes them in silence, but still * I give fro he welcomes me ever. * * In the heaviness of night, when all * Creatures seek the ghost of Slumber, I * Sit up, singing at one time and sighing * At another. I am awake always. * * Alas! Sleeplessness has weakened me! * But I am a lover, and the truth of love * Is strong. * I may be weary, but I shall never die.
Isn't that pretty? [Pillsbury, BOB ROSS!] There was one last thing I wanted to say... I don't remember. I will just do a blurb then.
Hidden
Behind closed eyes am I, silent, thoughtful, waiting to be watched unseeingly. I twirl, dance, frolic, spinning my colors around me, all the while shrouded in darkness. What am I? I know naught save that I am Beauty at its purest. I am formless, shapeless. I am Love, sweet and tender, neither raging nor arrogant, for I am true, if anything is to be true at all. Search inside for me, and you will find that I am no other, but yourself.
Is this life a dream? Is there anything real and true about this Earth? Bill Nye said it himself, each atom of ours is mostly open space, as the majority of the atom is the electron cloud, containing the most minuscule electrons. Ernest Rutherford was conducting an experiment and shot "...alpha particles as atomic bullets, probed the atoms in a piece of thin (0.00006 cm) gold foil." (from cartage.org) Basically, most of the alpha particles went through the foil, as if there was nothing inside it, which clearly suggests that most of the space in the atom is empty! With an almost infinite number of atoms in this world, aren't we just space, with a little extra stuff? What's so real about us? We're just a vacuum after all!
Everyday, I feel as if I'm living a dream, that I'll wake up later in some random place, rub my eyes, then set off doing something REAL. But that's just me. How are you doing today? Tell me in the cbox. xD
Things I'm glad for: -darkness -poetry -science (as temporary as it is, I still am fascinated by it) -French (My mom says I should have taken Spanish. Honestly, I don't think I would have lasted 4 years of that. xP French is for moi. Je suis francaise, et je suis tres content. La vie- je l'aime beaucoup, mais je patauge et ma voiture est tombe en panne. J'ai besoin d'aide! Et une station-service. Hahaha. Je suis tres amusante.)
|
|
|
la pomme.
I was walking to P.E. today, and I found an apple on the ground. It was your typical gala apple, a dull sheen of light yellow and red. This particular apple had no blemishes; it was so pretty that I wondered why anyone would want to throw that gorgeous thing away.
I kept walking, my eye on the apple. As I reached the ramp for the locker room, I saw the part of the apple that was originally hidden from my view. It was bitten, covered in dust, and the exact opposite of what it first appeared.
To the Bean and Fudge-a-Pudge (sorry, it was chocolate) I said, "Looks can be deceiving."
And they sure can. I was reading Verdadera's topic of the month - Depression. In most of the cases, the people who were depressed didn't appear so to the people around them. They were smiling, joking around, gossiping - the usual. Just like the apple.
People have a tendency to see only the outer layer of the onion. Very few peel to the middle. And if they do, they would find a totally different person from what they see. But no one cares or listens. What do the depressed do? Collapse, cry, cut, etc. All they need is a supportive person; someone to listen, someone who would give their shoulder to cry on; someone to be there when needed.
Don't stop at the layer, man. Dig deeper. The happiest people around are usually the ones with something bugging them; they just don't show it on the layer. But if you listen, it'll all come tumbling out eventually. xD
In Lit, we're doing the poetry unit. Never really was attracted to poetry 'till last year. This year I found one of the awesomest dudes around: Kahlil Gibran. His poems and stories are beautiful. I love them. Here's my second favorite one. To see my favorite, look at my 1st post.
Song of the Wave
* The strong shore is my beloved * And I am his sweetheart. * We are at last united by love, and * Then the moon draws me from him. * I go to him in haste and depart * Reluctantly, with many * Little farewells. * * I steal swiftly from behind the * Blue horizon to cast the silver of * My foam upon the gold of his sand, and * We blend in melted brilliance. * * I quench his thirst and submerge his * Heart; he softens my voice and subdues * My temper. * At dawn I recite the rules of love upon * His ears, and he embraces me longingly. * * At eventide I sing to him the song of * Hope, and then print smooth hisses upon * His face; I am swift and fearful, but he * Is quiet, patient, and thoughtful. His * Broad bosom soothes my restlessness. * * As the tide comes we caress each other, * When it withdraws, I drop to his feet in * Prayer. * * Many times have I danced around mermaids * As they rose from the depths and rested * Upon my crest to watch the stars; * Many times have I heard lovers complain * Of their smallness, and I helped them to sigh. * * Many times have I teased the great rocks * And fondled them with a smile, but never * Have I received laughter from them; * Many times have I lifted drowning souls * And carried them tenderly to my beloved * Shore. He gives them strength as he * Takes mine. * * Many times have I stolen gems from the * Depths and presented them to my beloved * Shore. He takes them in silence, but still * I give fro he welcomes me ever. * * In the heaviness of night, when all * Creatures seek the ghost of Slumber, I * Sit up, singing at one time and sighing * At another. I am awake always. * * Alas! Sleeplessness has weakened me! * But I am a lover, and the truth of love * Is strong. * I may be weary, but I shall never die.
Isn't that pretty? [Pillsbury, BOB ROSS!] There was one last thing I wanted to say... I don't remember. I will just do a blurb then.
Hidden
Behind closed eyes am I, silent, thoughtful, waiting to be watched unseeingly. I twirl, dance, frolic, spinning my colors around me, all the while shrouded in darkness. What am I? I know naught save that I am Beauty at its purest. I am formless, shapeless. I am Love, sweet and tender, neither raging nor arrogant, for I am true, if anything is to be true at all. Search inside for me, and you will find that I am no other, but yourself.
Is this life a dream? Is there anything real and true about this Earth? Bill Nye said it himself, each atom of ours is mostly open space, as the majority of the atom is the electron cloud, containing the most minuscule electrons. Ernest Rutherford was conducting an experiment and shot "...alpha particles as atomic bullets, probed the atoms in a piece of thin (0.00006 cm) gold foil." (from cartage.org) Basically, most of the alpha particles went through the foil, as if there was nothing inside it, which clearly suggests that most of the space in the atom is empty! With an almost infinite number of atoms in this world, aren't we just space, with a little extra stuff? What's so real about us? We're just a vacuum after all!
Everyday, I feel as if I'm living a dream, that I'll wake up later in some random place, rub my eyes, then set off doing something REAL. But that's just me. How are you doing today? Tell me in the cbox. xD
Things I'm glad for: -darkness -poetry -science (as temporary as it is, I still am fascinated by it) -French (My mom says I should have taken Spanish. Honestly, I don't think I would have lasted 4 years of that. xP French is for moi. Je suis francaise, et je suis tres content. La vie- je l'aime beaucoup, mais je patauge et ma voiture est tombe en panne. J'ai besoin d'aide! Et une station-service. Hahaha. Je suis tres amusante.)
|
|
tagboard.
|
archives.
By post:
la vie dans l'ordinateur
il pleut.
the strong and the weak
8 minutes
All is Well
On a Hamster Wheel
Avatar: Not the Last Airbender ;]
Tick tock tick tock
Joyeux Noël ou pas?
C'est moi!
By month:
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
November 2010
March 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
August 2013
|
affiliates.
Just Koe
Thought of Life
Credits
Layout: Mary
Colours: refuted
Host: blogger
|