questions

Why do people succumb to anger?


thoughts

It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
la vie dans l'ordinateur




Internet failz.

For [almost] every entry, there's an answer. People are losing independence, and resort to the computer; like I do.

I lose tons of time to the computer. It's not wise, it's not smart, but I do it anyway. Why? 'Cause temptation gets the better of me.

I'm sure it's the same for everyone else. Otherwise, how come so many people are online on Omegle when they should be studying and doing something productive?

The human mind is a very annoying contraption. It's squishy, and I'm not quite sure what color it is. It's useful at times, but other than that it's plain annoying.

Why do we let our minds get the better of us? Why is it that the mind controls us? Is there a little bit of me in my brain besides my mind?

Are we much different from a computer? After all, both have an extensive knowledge, are controlled by a CPU/brain, and are dependent on material resources. What makes us different from robots? Are we robots?

My music teacher always preaches understanding of the songs we sing. In one recording, she repeated that without understanding, our actions lose meaning. Without understanding, there's no point in doing anything. That's why she requires us to know the meaning of what we sing; that way it's heartfelt.

Computers don't understand. They mechanically do stuff. Our job is to make sure we don't do stuff mechanically. When asked a deep question, the computer can only pull up something from the Internet's caches. Hence, the stupid response to my heart felt question: what do I do? [look it up yourself] The Internet can't give advice or use it's brain to search deeper into itself. If it did, it would just find some computer chips made from Cisco (WOOT! I have no idea if Cisco actually makes chips though. If they did, I want baked ones. YUMM).

And since I nicely digressed from my original question, I shall get back on track. Is there a piece of OURSELVES in our mind? I'm not quite sure, but I do like to [sort of] talk certain voice I hear. I'm not sure if it's a girl or boy, but I hear a voice that I can relate to, that encourages me, that puts a smile on my face. The voice reflects on my thoughts. I can bounce stuff off of it. That voice is my buddy, but it isn't me. I can share what I'm thinking with it 'cause it lives in my brain and sees everything anyways.

I still like staring off into space, finding random details. Talking to someone about the pacer test can only get so far, and then they scamper off to the next conversation. It's that part of social life that bugs me. It really shows that one is more interested in engaging themselves than keeping the other company. When I get left behind, I don't mind. I stare off into space until the next person hops for a quick conversation. I'm looking into the world, but I like to have an unfocused look. For some weird reason, you can see more that way. If you focus, you see so little, and what little you see is so unfamiliar. I don't know which I prefer. Both are good in moderation. [I baked my first cake for my mom's bday. My bro and I anyways. We loved it! It tasted yummy. For my bday I don't want gifts, a party, nothing. All I want to do is: wash my hair the day before [so my hair's curly and not as poofy] and eat homemade food including a milk chocolate cake]. Birthdays don't really have any meaning, but why not just make an excuse to enjoy an evening with loved ones? YUM CAKE!]

Things I'm grateful for:
-food, ate dinner. yum
-powerpoint lectures. thanks mr. Kim. now i need to study for your test.
-Kahlil Gibran. still love his poems. refer to first post