Why do people succumb to anger?
It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
|
After I saw this, I felt the need to post. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8534040.stm
I am amazed at how much life a picture can capture. Half an hour ago, I went outside to mail a letter. I looked at a streak in the sky left by a plane, above a tree with some flies buzzing around it. I have never felt the need to take a picture so badly.
I walked to the mailbox at the end of my driveway, and I stared out into the lot in front of me. It was beautiful, green weeds closer to me were clear, but beyond the "No Trespassing" sign, there was a goldish-green field of fuzzy looking weeds. It was selective focus of nature. The world is just too perfect. There are so many details that I see that scream at me. And I look at my empty hands. I have no camera.
People tend to realize the value of something they don't have. When you have water, you take it for granted. When you don't, you know you're screwed. When you're deprived every cell in your being cries out for that thing. Right now, I am pining for a camera.
Everywhere I go I see things that I want to preserve. I was waiting for my mom to pick me up from debate today, and I found a tree stump, cleanly shaven, surrounded by fuzzy plants. I saw a big lampost with a rusty sign saying "Do not go over 15mph."
Today was the Course Info Fair. I went to math, science didn't learn anything I didn't know. But then I went to Photography. I fell in love with that room. Black and white stills were all over the wall, some framed, some not. There was a backdrop and that light bulb thing and a dark room! with swivel doors. They also had awesome foamy black computer chairs. The room was filled with people; I guess I'm not alone. I was there with DK and ED, and ED was hyperventilating over the prospect of taking the class. I went and asked the probablity of me getting into the class if I put it as 7th choice. The teacher said it wasn't very likely for me to get in, unless I put it as my 6th.
I trudged over to French to find out that if I put that as 7th then I probably wouldn't get it either. GREAT. Now I have to give up photo for an elective that I know I have to take. :[
My dad says I can take a DeAnza course, but that's not going to be the same. I just wanted to take the course as an elective in school. I just want to take pictures of the world I see.
In a book I read, the author was saying how a photographer tried to capture the image of a saint. Every time the picture was developed, the saint would be replaced with a bright white. I didn't really know what the author was trying to say about photography...I don't really want to take pictures of people. I just want to take pictures of the minute things I see. I just want a camera. That's it. That's it.
Things I'm grateful for: -logs [yes, logs] -photography -plants -airplanes
|
|
After I saw this, I felt the need to post. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8534040.stm
I am amazed at how much life a picture can capture. Half an hour ago, I went outside to mail a letter. I looked at a streak in the sky left by a plane, above a tree with some flies buzzing around it. I have never felt the need to take a picture so badly.
I walked to the mailbox at the end of my driveway, and I stared out into the lot in front of me. It was beautiful, green weeds closer to me were clear, but beyond the "No Trespassing" sign, there was a goldish-green field of fuzzy looking weeds. It was selective focus of nature. The world is just too perfect. There are so many details that I see that scream at me. And I look at my empty hands. I have no camera.
People tend to realize the value of something they don't have. When you have water, you take it for granted. When you don't, you know you're screwed. When you're deprived every cell in your being cries out for that thing. Right now, I am pining for a camera.
Everywhere I go I see things that I want to preserve. I was waiting for my mom to pick me up from debate today, and I found a tree stump, cleanly shaven, surrounded by fuzzy plants. I saw a big lampost with a rusty sign saying "Do not go over 15mph."
Today was the Course Info Fair. I went to math, science didn't learn anything I didn't know. But then I went to Photography. I fell in love with that room. Black and white stills were all over the wall, some framed, some not. There was a backdrop and that light bulb thing and a dark room! with swivel doors. They also had awesome foamy black computer chairs. The room was filled with people; I guess I'm not alone. I was there with DK and ED, and ED was hyperventilating over the prospect of taking the class. I went and asked the probablity of me getting into the class if I put it as 7th choice. The teacher said it wasn't very likely for me to get in, unless I put it as my 6th.
I trudged over to French to find out that if I put that as 7th then I probably wouldn't get it either. GREAT. Now I have to give up photo for an elective that I know I have to take. :[
My dad says I can take a DeAnza course, but that's not going to be the same. I just wanted to take the course as an elective in school. I just want to take pictures of the world I see.
In a book I read, the author was saying how a photographer tried to capture the image of a saint. Every time the picture was developed, the saint would be replaced with a bright white. I didn't really know what the author was trying to say about photography...I don't really want to take pictures of people. I just want to take pictures of the minute things I see. I just want a camera. That's it. That's it.
Things I'm grateful for: -logs [yes, logs] -photography -plants -airplanes
|
|
tagboard.
|
archives.
By post:
une photo
La plume sur le vent
Walking on Sunshine
la pomme.
la vie dans l'ordinateur
il pleut.
the strong and the weak
8 minutes
All is Well
On a Hamster Wheel
By month:
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
November 2010
March 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
August 2013
|
affiliates.
Just Koe
Thought of Life
Credits
Layout: Mary
Colours: refuted
Host: blogger
|