Why do people succumb to anger?
It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
|
|
une photo

It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and write, so here I am! xD
Last Thursday, in math we had to watch a chick flick, 500 days of summer. NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE, YOU WILL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE. But no matter how bad a movie is, once I start, I need to know the ending. So I imdbed it and didn't like the ending either.
Coming out from that class, I felt super weird. I felt like my brain was replaced with a camera. I felt like a photographer, holding a video camera, recording everything in sight. I felt like I was out of the scene, sort of like a person who was invisible to all, yet watching, silently.
Ever since then, I found myself to be obsessed with photography. Everywhere I go, I can't help but try to notice the details that no one else does. On Friday, I went to a bowling party. Since no one of my age was there, I ended up silently watching everyone else. Call me a stalker if you like, but I noticed some interesting things.
There were 2 bowlers in a lane to our left: one girl, one guy. The girl had sweatpants from WHI high school. The guy wore a light blue t-shirt and when he bowled, it seemed like he dropped the ball on the lane, instead of rolling it. Maybe we're actually supposed to bowl like that... He did get a lot of strikes.
I saw that on the ground, there were alternating black, gray and white tiles. On the ceiling, fire sprinklers formed 2 lines which seemed to get closer and closer together, yet never meet. Like a hyperbola trying to touch the x-axis.
The ceiling was also spotted with purple rectangles, UV light. All white stuff glowed. The bleu on my shirt, my shoelaces, my socks, they all turned a bright white color.
I put my bright red, blue, and white shoe on a black tile and admired it. At the time, I found minute details that I felt would be perfect in a photo. I was thinking like a photographer, and when my eyelids blinked, a shot would be taken. I made a hand frame and took a few pictures of a silver tray and pretzels.
Photography has always interested me, now more than ever. Photography is a way to bring back memories, to capture the beauty of the world, to see what is hidden in what we always see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDQY_oHN1s watch it
Check it out. It's so true, we always miss what we're not looking for. Just think of how many details you've missed while reading this post alone. Have you ever noticed that random black spot a bit below the parachute picture? [it's hidden by the picture. keep looking when i post later on] Did you ever try to scratch it off, thinking it was a smudge on your screen? Did you ever notice how the shade of the binder paper picture my post is on gets darker and darker as you go more to the right?
See what I mean?
Nowadays, I'm scared to let go of the most minute detail. I want to see it all! I want to examine it all, to smile at its singularity. Each detail is different as a snowflake. You'll never come across the same detail again!
I went to Blackberry Farm yesterday with my bro. I took my handy dandy cell phone along. And with my photographic brain, I found the perfect shots ever. Walking down these steps, I found a cement pathway, lined with lush and inviting weeds. Who said all weeds were ugly? And on our way back, walking up the steps, I saw my own shadow, against the ridges of the steps. Click. An original moment was preserved.
Some pictures that I see in my mind that I like include a path that looks rough, yet is lined by inviting blades of grass, a single person sitting on a rock staring out into a creek, and my foot on the ground: on a rock, a tiled floor, grass. These are all situations I find myself in that I want to capture, so they don't fade away in a second. I know that details are so temporary, but maybe that's why I like photography: I can extend the life of something that would be forgotten in a second. The shape of a dead frond on the tambark of a playstructure, the moss rippling on a rock in the creek where my foot laid, a highlighter lying outside of its green pouch.
Photography helps me escape from my troubles. I get to search for details, keep my brain occupied.
Yesterday and the day before, I was having a bit of a rough day. So me and my bro went to Blackberry, as I said before. We'd play badminton, then have a bite and go to the creek. My favorite rock is one that is slightly pointed. There's nothing unique about the rock except that there's always a line of wetness, in which a little moss is planted. I always sit on the pointy surface of the rock, letting my feet rest on the sloping side of the rock, toes skimming the surface of the creek. The water is cold, but I like it. My bro throws some rocks in the creek and I tell him to stop it. I don't know. It feels like with every rock thrown, nature winces. Every rock thrown at the creek is the equivalent of a paper cut. He didn't listen. He kept throwing it. Then I got crabby and told him to respect the creek.
Before that, a dude with a black cap and long black shorts sat near the rock we were currently on. We waited for him to go as we didn't really want to sit near him. We were eating some samosa that was left over from the bowling party. And we heard some shots being fired. We knew that dude was shooting stuff in the creek.
We never really SAW him shoot anything until he left. He shot some stuff into the creek from a distance away. My bro yelled at him, calling him a sucker. The dude let four more shots into the creek.
It was a scary moment. We didn't know the dude. He didn't know us. I was afraid that we could get followed and stuff. I think the only reason he didn't really do anything to us was that our dad was with us. Luckily he walked over to find us a few minutes ago.
I scolded my bro. Is is right to do something wrong to a wrongdoer? Remember to think before you speak.
He didn't seem sorry though. And now that I think about it, I'm proud of him for standing up to the dude. Yelling may not solve the problem, but I bet he made the dude feel at least a bit ashamed of himself. I'm proud of my bro for caring about the creek. I just wish we could have stopped him a different way.
It's sad to think that people want to destroy the creek. I love it, and so do these two little kids who sat with us. Their dad was yelling at them for getting too close to the water. Cute kids. They left crying. They wanted to stay.
I'm sure that most people, regardless of their appearance or personality are attracted to nature. MJ was. Gah, my foot's bleeding. How does that work? I didn't even cut myself... Okay, going to get a bandaid on this thing... Or not. Whatever, I'll live without a bandaid...
Anyways, nature is so soothing and comforting. I feel like nature is our mother. She can be nurturing, yet also can inflict pain on us when we do something bad. We are nature's children.
Whenever I feel restless and upset, my first instinct is to go to Blackberry. To the creek. I don't know why water helps me so much, but it's the only place where I can be myself. My fears are washed away there. It's just me and the water. Me and the water.
I tried to take a picture with my cell phone camera of the water. It was blurry, hazy. There are some great forces you can never capture. You can't take a picture of love, faith, or God. There are some things that are above details. Details are so limiting. Yet I love them for their triviality.
Things I'm grateful for: -creeks -bandaids -yummy beans curry -NTR [old telegu actor. only actor that I can tolerate] -cameras [I don't actually have one. All I have is my cell phone camera, which is running out of storage. I really want to get one soon. xD]
|
|
|
une photo

It's been a while since I've been able to sit down and write, so here I am! xD
Last Thursday, in math we had to watch a chick flick, 500 days of summer. NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE, YOU WILL BE SCARRED FOR LIFE. But no matter how bad a movie is, once I start, I need to know the ending. So I imdbed it and didn't like the ending either.
Coming out from that class, I felt super weird. I felt like my brain was replaced with a camera. I felt like a photographer, holding a video camera, recording everything in sight. I felt like I was out of the scene, sort of like a person who was invisible to all, yet watching, silently.
Ever since then, I found myself to be obsessed with photography. Everywhere I go, I can't help but try to notice the details that no one else does. On Friday, I went to a bowling party. Since no one of my age was there, I ended up silently watching everyone else. Call me a stalker if you like, but I noticed some interesting things.
There were 2 bowlers in a lane to our left: one girl, one guy. The girl had sweatpants from WHI high school. The guy wore a light blue t-shirt and when he bowled, it seemed like he dropped the ball on the lane, instead of rolling it. Maybe we're actually supposed to bowl like that... He did get a lot of strikes.
I saw that on the ground, there were alternating black, gray and white tiles. On the ceiling, fire sprinklers formed 2 lines which seemed to get closer and closer together, yet never meet. Like a hyperbola trying to touch the x-axis.
The ceiling was also spotted with purple rectangles, UV light. All white stuff glowed. The bleu on my shirt, my shoelaces, my socks, they all turned a bright white color.
I put my bright red, blue, and white shoe on a black tile and admired it. At the time, I found minute details that I felt would be perfect in a photo. I was thinking like a photographer, and when my eyelids blinked, a shot would be taken. I made a hand frame and took a few pictures of a silver tray and pretzels.
Photography has always interested me, now more than ever. Photography is a way to bring back memories, to capture the beauty of the world, to see what is hidden in what we always see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDQY_oHN1s watch it
Check it out. It's so true, we always miss what we're not looking for. Just think of how many details you've missed while reading this post alone. Have you ever noticed that random black spot a bit below the parachute picture? [it's hidden by the picture. keep looking when i post later on] Did you ever try to scratch it off, thinking it was a smudge on your screen? Did you ever notice how the shade of the binder paper picture my post is on gets darker and darker as you go more to the right?
See what I mean?
Nowadays, I'm scared to let go of the most minute detail. I want to see it all! I want to examine it all, to smile at its singularity. Each detail is different as a snowflake. You'll never come across the same detail again!
I went to Blackberry Farm yesterday with my bro. I took my handy dandy cell phone along. And with my photographic brain, I found the perfect shots ever. Walking down these steps, I found a cement pathway, lined with lush and inviting weeds. Who said all weeds were ugly? And on our way back, walking up the steps, I saw my own shadow, against the ridges of the steps. Click. An original moment was preserved.
Some pictures that I see in my mind that I like include a path that looks rough, yet is lined by inviting blades of grass, a single person sitting on a rock staring out into a creek, and my foot on the ground: on a rock, a tiled floor, grass. These are all situations I find myself in that I want to capture, so they don't fade away in a second. I know that details are so temporary, but maybe that's why I like photography: I can extend the life of something that would be forgotten in a second. The shape of a dead frond on the tambark of a playstructure, the moss rippling on a rock in the creek where my foot laid, a highlighter lying outside of its green pouch.
Photography helps me escape from my troubles. I get to search for details, keep my brain occupied.
Yesterday and the day before, I was having a bit of a rough day. So me and my bro went to Blackberry, as I said before. We'd play badminton, then have a bite and go to the creek. My favorite rock is one that is slightly pointed. There's nothing unique about the rock except that there's always a line of wetness, in which a little moss is planted. I always sit on the pointy surface of the rock, letting my feet rest on the sloping side of the rock, toes skimming the surface of the creek. The water is cold, but I like it. My bro throws some rocks in the creek and I tell him to stop it. I don't know. It feels like with every rock thrown, nature winces. Every rock thrown at the creek is the equivalent of a paper cut. He didn't listen. He kept throwing it. Then I got crabby and told him to respect the creek.
Before that, a dude with a black cap and long black shorts sat near the rock we were currently on. We waited for him to go as we didn't really want to sit near him. We were eating some samosa that was left over from the bowling party. And we heard some shots being fired. We knew that dude was shooting stuff in the creek.
We never really SAW him shoot anything until he left. He shot some stuff into the creek from a distance away. My bro yelled at him, calling him a sucker. The dude let four more shots into the creek.
It was a scary moment. We didn't know the dude. He didn't know us. I was afraid that we could get followed and stuff. I think the only reason he didn't really do anything to us was that our dad was with us. Luckily he walked over to find us a few minutes ago.
I scolded my bro. Is is right to do something wrong to a wrongdoer? Remember to think before you speak.
He didn't seem sorry though. And now that I think about it, I'm proud of him for standing up to the dude. Yelling may not solve the problem, but I bet he made the dude feel at least a bit ashamed of himself. I'm proud of my bro for caring about the creek. I just wish we could have stopped him a different way.
It's sad to think that people want to destroy the creek. I love it, and so do these two little kids who sat with us. Their dad was yelling at them for getting too close to the water. Cute kids. They left crying. They wanted to stay.
I'm sure that most people, regardless of their appearance or personality are attracted to nature. MJ was. Gah, my foot's bleeding. How does that work? I didn't even cut myself... Okay, going to get a bandaid on this thing... Or not. Whatever, I'll live without a bandaid...
Anyways, nature is so soothing and comforting. I feel like nature is our mother. She can be nurturing, yet also can inflict pain on us when we do something bad. We are nature's children.
Whenever I feel restless and upset, my first instinct is to go to Blackberry. To the creek. I don't know why water helps me so much, but it's the only place where I can be myself. My fears are washed away there. It's just me and the water. Me and the water.
I tried to take a picture with my cell phone camera of the water. It was blurry, hazy. There are some great forces you can never capture. You can't take a picture of love, faith, or God. There are some things that are above details. Details are so limiting. Yet I love them for their triviality.
Things I'm grateful for: -creeks -bandaids -yummy beans curry -NTR [old telegu actor. only actor that I can tolerate] -cameras [I don't actually have one. All I have is my cell phone camera, which is running out of storage. I really want to get one soon. xD]
|
|
tagboard.
|
archives.
By post:
La plume sur le vent
Walking on Sunshine
la pomme.
la vie dans l'ordinateur
il pleut.
the strong and the weak
8 minutes
All is Well
On a Hamster Wheel
Avatar: Not the Last Airbender ;]
By month:
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
November 2010
March 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
August 2013
|
affiliates.
Just Koe
Thought of Life
Credits
Layout: Mary
Colours: refuted
Host: blogger
|