Why do people succumb to anger?
It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
|
|
Bill Nye the Science Guy
I was talking with B-boy today about science. I asked him what light was. He said "Light is what we call a large collection of photons Photons are elementary particles, made out of condensed energy." But then doesn't that take us in a big circle? By trying to define energy, the only word that can actually define it is energy itself.
The problem with science is that it is trying to take the unexplainable and convert it into a limited version of it so we can understand it. By trying to put these concepts in words we are insulting them, we are assuming that words are the most powerful and can uncover any secret. By putting things in words we are killing the original concept. The concept is changed.
Scientists find "great" things. Evolution, DNA helix structure, great but by finding out this stuff we're just lowering the meaning of life. We think we understand. We feel superior to other organisms when we are not. We are the same as a plant, a bacteria, a dog. We all have soul. We all are alive.
There is no need to put the unknown in words. We don't need to understand. All we need to do is watch the world unfold in front of us. We need to be aware. We need to love every crack in the Earth, every blade of grass. We need to know how to live.
The kind of life we live is a game. Seriously. We go to school, try to learn stuff that will help us get to college. Then we get a job, marry, raise a family. Your children repeat the process.
If you look at that, what can you accomplish? You are living a robot's life. Can you, or should I say WILL you break out of that mold?
I want to... I want to defy society. I want to live my life to the fullest to accomplish what I was sent to accomplish [I have no idea what that is]. I have an urge to understand... but then one cannot understand with the brain. One needs more than that. One needs a higher consciousness, which isn't easy to obtain.
I need to break out of my hypocrisy. I know science is in essence useless, but I am still fascinated. I know words destroy every thought and concept in being, yet I still write. I know that reading puts different ideas in your head, making you believe in them. Yet I still read. How will I ever break free from this?
The Sky
Look up in the sky. What do you see? A plain blue face staring back at you. There is an occasional wisp of a cloud, some gray, some white, all floating free as ever.
Can we not take a crayon and draw on the sky? Can we not rip a hole in it and gaze beyond? Can the sky never get up from its lazy state and walk away? Why can't we get past this horribly plain barrier?
Walking to class, it starts to drizzle. Most stare down, few stare up into the gray sky. Water drops into their eyes. The sky is crying, but why?
Does the sky wish to cease being so plain? Does the sky wish to fly away? Does the sky look into itself and wonder whether it is real? Does it wish it could walk on the Earth, to be able to stare not into a reflection of itself, but into the depths beyond?
I am like the sky. I am plain. I am two-dimensional. I cry when I cannot see past myself. I cry to find out who I am. I cry wishing to become who I am. I know not where to go. I know not what to say. I know not why I am here typing this poem on my computer. Maybe it's because I want to be heard. But who will listen?
|
|
|
Bill Nye the Science Guy
I was talking with B-boy today about science. I asked him what light was. He said "Light is what we call a large collection of photons Photons are elementary particles, made out of condensed energy." But then doesn't that take us in a big circle? By trying to define energy, the only word that can actually define it is energy itself.
The problem with science is that it is trying to take the unexplainable and convert it into a limited version of it so we can understand it. By trying to put these concepts in words we are insulting them, we are assuming that words are the most powerful and can uncover any secret. By putting things in words we are killing the original concept. The concept is changed.
Scientists find "great" things. Evolution, DNA helix structure, great but by finding out this stuff we're just lowering the meaning of life. We think we understand. We feel superior to other organisms when we are not. We are the same as a plant, a bacteria, a dog. We all have soul. We all are alive.
There is no need to put the unknown in words. We don't need to understand. All we need to do is watch the world unfold in front of us. We need to be aware. We need to love every crack in the Earth, every blade of grass. We need to know how to live.
The kind of life we live is a game. Seriously. We go to school, try to learn stuff that will help us get to college. Then we get a job, marry, raise a family. Your children repeat the process.
If you look at that, what can you accomplish? You are living a robot's life. Can you, or should I say WILL you break out of that mold?
I want to... I want to defy society. I want to live my life to the fullest to accomplish what I was sent to accomplish [I have no idea what that is]. I have an urge to understand... but then one cannot understand with the brain. One needs more than that. One needs a higher consciousness, which isn't easy to obtain.
I need to break out of my hypocrisy. I know science is in essence useless, but I am still fascinated. I know words destroy every thought and concept in being, yet I still write. I know that reading puts different ideas in your head, making you believe in them. Yet I still read. How will I ever break free from this?
The Sky
Look up in the sky. What do you see? A plain blue face staring back at you. There is an occasional wisp of a cloud, some gray, some white, all floating free as ever.
Can we not take a crayon and draw on the sky? Can we not rip a hole in it and gaze beyond? Can the sky never get up from its lazy state and walk away? Why can't we get past this horribly plain barrier?
Walking to class, it starts to drizzle. Most stare down, few stare up into the gray sky. Water drops into their eyes. The sky is crying, but why?
Does the sky wish to cease being so plain? Does the sky wish to fly away? Does the sky look into itself and wonder whether it is real? Does it wish it could walk on the Earth, to be able to stare not into a reflection of itself, but into the depths beyond?
I am like the sky. I am plain. I am two-dimensional. I cry when I cannot see past myself. I cry to find out who I am. I cry wishing to become who I am. I know not where to go. I know not what to say. I know not why I am here typing this poem on my computer. Maybe it's because I want to be heard. But who will listen?
|
|
tagboard.
|
archives.
By post:
Ballads
random bubbles
T'en fais pas.
After I saw this, I felt the need to post. http://...
une photo
La plume sur le vent
Walking on Sunshine
la pomme.
la vie dans l'ordinateur
il pleut.
By month:
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
November 2010
March 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
August 2013
|
affiliates.
Just Koe
Thought of Life
Credits
Layout: Mary
Colours: refuted
Host: blogger
|