questions

Why do people succumb to anger?


thoughts

It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
random bubbles

After music class, I was walking down Canary Rd. to Ortega Park. On the way, I saw a house that had a pretty garden. One small sign had an excerpt from this poem:

God's Garden

THE Lord God planted a garden
In the first white days of the world,
And He set there an angel warden
In a garment of light enfurled.

So near to the peace of Heaven,
That the hawk might nest with the wren,
For there in the cool of the even
God walked with the first of men.

And I dream that these garden-closes
With their shade and their sun-flecked sod
And their lilies and bowers of roses,
Were laid by the hand of God.

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,--
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.

For He broke it for us in a garden
Under the olive-trees
Where the angel of strength was the warden
And the soul of the world found ease.

Dorothy Frances Gurney

I liked that very much. Every plant I see gives me happiness. Even if it's a weed. They're all living so why not embrace them all?

I stayed outside a bunch today. I sat on my front doorstep and did my bio and lit homework. I also napped for a few minutes... It feels so good to be outside of a man-made structure. I just want to be washed over in the sun's rays...

There's this one small, pretty weed coming out of the crack in the path to the doorstep. It's so small, alone.. I can relate to it in so many ways. I sat next to it and we were alone together. :]

I will get off the computer now. I'm trying to rebel against technology but am failing... We rely on it way too much. If one day we have a blackout, we feel as if we're doomed and handicapped. Why can't we be self-reliant? Why can't we ever be independent of these small useless tools?