questions

Why do people succumb to anger?


thoughts

It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
disapointed

Yesterday, I was waiting for the email which would tell me whether or not I got into journo next year. And I didn't make it. I was slightly put down, but I guess I knew I wasn't really going to get in. I'll apply as an incoming senior and take photo next year then. :]

But I guess not everyone is able to take the rejection lightly. Stephelococcus took it lightly. But I could see DK's anguish at her rejection. I felt bad too. She was really into it, and really wanted to get into online.

It hurts to be turned down. How should we deal with it? Should we have been so attached to it in the first place? It hurts to be confident about something and have that thing turn around and give you a nasty shock. I'm okay though. I just hope everyone didn't take the rejection personally! There's always next year. And that time we'll get the priority. :D

Just went to a family friend's house. They had a pooja and lunch. But me and my bro were the only people out of the circle of friends there and we found ourselves sitting alone on the sofa with my dad. I guess once groups are formed, no one wants to come out of them. No one really goes out of their way to see if one person is comfortable. And it's really sad because we were good friends too. She sounded as if she wanted to be with the other people, yet she still stopped by to ask a few questions about school. I tried to have a convo with her friends. It lasted less than thirty seconds.

A week ago, I had called her maybe 4 times to ask about her experience with the night contacts I'm wearing. And I felt sad when she asked "what I wanted when I called so many times". This is why I don't like words. You use the wrong words and you get a whole meaning. Maybe you don't mean to sound rude or annoyed, but you still do. I still adore you as a friend. We've had good times. I just don't want our relationship to fall apart so hopelessly like this. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should have gone upstairs with the rest of the girls. But what's the use? It was pretty obvious I was going to be sitting in a corner, mouth shut trying to look interested. I always end up in that position. Except with good friends. And we never get to talk either.

This is horrible. Why am I losing connections with all these people? What is wrong with me? I better start fixing things up, before it's too late. :[