questions

Why do people succumb to anger?


thoughts

It feels so easy to slip into its grasp. But at the same time, from a distance, it looks quite stupid. Aren't we overreacting? What's the point of hitting one another, yelling at one another, going to war with one another? Yet when are up close, immersed in anger, we feel nothing but blissful rage, if that makes sense. Sweet revenge empowers us. Makes us feel as if we are at the top of the world. Maybe it is a survival mechanism. But I sure wish it weren't.
Uplifting

I feel so uplifted right now. I'm doing what I want to for the first time in a while. Reading Into Thin Air, and it's really interesting. Mountains have always been an object of curiosity to me, and I'd never seen life from the perspective of a climber. It's a tough life, filled with risks. Everyone can't be lucky, unfortunately.

I feel asleep while reading the book and I really like doing that because I think reading brings a sense of peace over you, which is even more than the kind of peace you have when tucked into a warm cozy bed. Falling asleep while reading gives the brain more time to actually reflect on what was read, even if it's subconscious.

I woke up half an hour ago, feeling quite groggy. I headed over to the computer and started to chat with some buddies. Lethargy was starting to take over, so I decided to go with Pillsbury's advice. Run up and down the stairs!

My mind really cleared up! And I don't feel so groggy anymore! Exercise also brought about this bout of energy. I feel excited and more animated than before!

Why are we contained in the prison of moods. Must we feel grouchy, or have sudden bouts of energy? Why can't we just be the way we want to be?

If I could fly away, I would fly to Canada. I've only been there once, but I remembered I liked it. There's some Frenchies there, so my taking French wouldn't go to waste.. I just want to live in a friendly society. Some place simple, some place with a smile. I'll have to look around to find it..

I would like to go to Switzerland very much. In 8th grade I had to research about it, and it seemed like a wonderful place to be. Mountains, beautiful lakes, chocolate. Does it get any better?

I keep wondering what I'll do when I grow up. And somehow I can't shake the idea of being a teacher. I mean it's great! You get to teach others about something that you are interested in. You get to give people knowledge that can never be taken away from them. You make them a little smarter. You help them, give them advice if they care to listen. You help shape the world.

I've always been grateful of my teachers. I may complain about some [AHEM KIM COUGH COUGH], but even then I'm grateful that they're helping me to know more.

I think the teacher who I've been able to see at work the longest is my music teacher. I've been learning under her since 6th grade. She's strict, has a firm voice, yet always says she loves us when she yells at us.

Just yesterday, I got the boot in the music exam. I jumbled my words and got a question wrong, and she threatened to kick me out, when I did better than most in the class. But I knew she was yelling at me to improve. And I'm too lazy and never practice until the day before the class. My bro follows suit.

My music teacher is a middle aged lady, conservative yet supportive of Obama. She is sweet when you're on her good side, and is ready to make you cry when she's frustrated. Most people make fun of her. I don't think that's right.

A girl in my w4p class goes to the same teacher. I knew from the start she was uncomfortable in class, and it showed in the way she rolled her eyes while singing at a performance. I felt sorry that she was forced into it. But then she started calling the teacher a fat ..... I completely disagreed.

Jayashree Aunty, if anything, is hardworking and dedicated. She books herself with classes around the clock from little kids to adults. And she never really complains. She devotes her life to spreading the message of ancient composers, yet people still don't appreciate her.

I find it the same with other teachers. Why do people only focus on their faults and not their pluses?